Here's a picture of the orphanage where one of the children is now. Note the daggers of death. It might look a bit dreary, but it's a lot cozier once you step inside. That's typical of Ukraine.

Meanwhile ...
We were looking for an Internet cafe in Mariupol. The first one we took a bus to was closed. So we decided to ask a taxi driver. He checked with his dispatcher, but came up empty. We asked another taxi driver. He seemed more confident, so we hopped in. He started taking us to the closed location. When we sorted that out, he started driving around, asking his other taxi buddies that he would pass. He wished he was younger--then he would know. Finally we found one. Here it is:

Now I'm thinking about what we teach in marketing. Let's talk about brand management. I'll guess I'll have to go through detox when I get home. I probably picked up a nasty Ukrainian Trojan Horse worm bomb just taking this picture.
Speaking of marketing, here are some pictures from an English translation of a menu at a nice restaurant across the street from the orphanage pictured above.



This one turned my stomach, so I played it safe and ordered the ox eggs. They are what you think they are.
When we're trying to save money, which we usually are, we eat on the cheap. Here I am trying not to make a mess with my Ukrainian Chinese dinner in a box.

How can you do this to us?? Your girls aren't even available to bug!
ReplyDelete